Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Journal #11

11. Ask and answer the one important question that a university won't ask you, but you wish they would.

One question that universities probably wont ask but that i wish they would ask is "What kind of Extracurricular activities did you participated in high school?" From what i heard by people who applied to different colleges and universities is that most universities do not care about what you were involved in, they only pay attention to your G.P.A and your state/ district test scores. only a few universities actually ask what extracurricular activities have you participated in during high school. But i wish that they would ask them to tell them about myself, my extracurricular activities, and so they know what my interests are. I would tell them about being in a marching band, being in the IB program, participating in academic team, and in other clubs im in or im going to be in. I would respond to the question by answering: "I was very extracurricular in high school and showed my school pride by being active in different clubs and organizations. I developed strong discipline by being part of our school marching band The Castle Park High School Trojan Brigade and developing leadership skills because i was the flute section leader. I was as well part of the Academic team at my school and was partly the captain of the Jv team of my school. The IB program offerred at my school pushed me to work to my best and to develop good study habits to become successful after high school as well as being active in my community too by completing more than 150 CAS hours. i have school pride and i am very proud to come from a school with a rich history such as Castle Park!". "Once a Trojan always a Trojan!"

No comments:

Post a Comment