Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Journal #3

3. How have you taken something that you have learned in the classroom and integrated it into your nonacademic life?

Some of the things that we learn in classrooms stay with us for a long time and we can use them into our no-academic life. Something that i have taken from my class and integrated it into my life was in my theory of knowledge class. About a few months ago we were on the perception unit and talked about how our senses and emotions influence how we perceive other people and situations. Since i learned that sometimes im blinded by what i feel or by my other senses i may not completely perceive my surroundings nor other people. Its a common ideology to say that sight is the most inportant sense that we have. However this is not true because all of our senses should be of equal value and equal importance. no sense is ever better than anothe sense. But since i always rely on my eyes in my perception i sometimes may not notice my surroundings which could be detected by my other senses. What i sometimes do in my nonacedmic life is close my eyes and try to use my other senses. When i practice my flute on my own i cant really listen to intonation by ear so i rely on a tuner. But when i try to tune myself i close my eyes and try to listeen to the wave lenghts prodeuced by the notes of my flute to determine wether i am flat or if i am sharp. Its still hard for me to determin intonation even by closing my eyes. But i am getting better at it a bit. SPlaying my flute and checking my intonation by closing my eyes is something i took from my TOk class and try to fit into my life. Emotion is another factor which affects my perception. When i am really mad, depressed, or in love my mood influences my perception. I try not to let that happen so i can really observe what is going on around me. Perception, something i learned in my theory of knowledge class is something i try to fit into my normal life and pay attention to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment