Thursday, October 20, 2011

Journal #17

17. Discuss some issue of personal, local, national, or international concern and its importance to you.

An issue i struggle with and am worried aout is about my mothers health. My mother is the most  important thing to me in this world. If it wasnt for her i wouldnt be born, i wouldnt have a house, i wouldnt have an education, i wouldnt have none of the things i have now and i wouldnt even be here. My mother was born in Acapulco, Guerrero on March 5th 1966. She was the fourth oldest of her 11 siblings. When she was little her father passed away and her family was living in poverty. She didnt have access to alot of mateirals, she had to get a poor education and had to work during her childhood a poor payed job. When she was fifteen she migrated to the united states and lived in idaho but then returned back home when she was eighteen. She was first married when she was eightten but her first husband died, and my oldest sister was born in 1984. In 1990 my mother came back to the united states with her brother and her daughter. In 1991 my oldest brother was born in the U.S. Than it was my brother oscar born in 1994 and i was born the following year. When she came to the U.S she didnt know how to speak english, didnt have a job, a home, and was considered illegal.  She was strong enouygh and was able to find a way to overcome all this and become a citizen of the united states. My mother struggled all these years and she always wants whats best for us. I love my mother what im scared of is that shes getting old and her health is in danger because of age, stress, and other issues she has to focus on. This issue is very important to me because i dondt want anything to happen to my mother. I love her and if she was not here i wouldnt have anything and i wouldnt know how to continue living because i wouldnt have her in my life. I love my mom and i always wish the best for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment