Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Journal #13

13. Write a letter to your future college roommate introducing yourself and your background.

December 3rd, 2011
Dear Future College Roomate....
My name is Eduardo Ramirez Arias. I am an eleventh grader in my local high school in san diego county on the southwest side of california. A little bit about me is that im sixteen right now as i write this letter to you. My birthday is on june 9th. Im able to speak both english and spanish fluently in my houshold, in school, and in my social life with my friends. My mother immmigrated here from Acapulco in 1990 with my older sister and her uncle. Out of four children, one daughter and three sons i am the youngest one. I wish to get acepted into Ohio Stated Unversity because of their marching band which is on of the top marching bands in the country. I have been interested in music since i started learning in sixth grade. I play the piano, the flute, the piccolo, and the trumpet. My strongest instrument is the flute since i practicie it the most and i always play it in a concert band and in marching band. The one i need to work on the most is the trumpet because i am recently new at it, only had it for six months and dont get time to practice it as much as the flute or the piano. Ive been playing the flute and the piano the longest since they were my first instruments to begin with. On piccolo i started in 9th grade and this is my third year, its almost the same as the flute only higher in pitch, but i prefer to play flute since they have more oppurutnities to play in ensembles. I plan to play the trumpet more often if i join a jazz band or become part of a drum corps which is marching band without woodwind players. But thats enough of my interests. What i look forward to in attending OSH is that marching band, the making of music, and the fun of all that because i love making music and playing it. After graduating i plan to seek a career in music either in music education with students in elementary, middle, or high school. Probably start as an assisstent band director and then move up to band director. Or my other option is being able to perform with symphonic ensembles and play proffessional music. I even hope i get to conduct those ensembles. Well i guess thats enough of me. I look forward to seeing you and working with you in college. See you in two-five years maybe.
----Eduardo Ramirez Arias

No comments:

Post a Comment